Bruny Island is the perfect destination if you’re looking to pack up the car, caravan or 4WD. You’ll see unique wildlife, amazing beaches and bays and taste premium local produce from the ocean and the land.
Make sure your road trip exploring around Bruny Island also includes a trip to Cape Bruny Lighthouse, the southernmost lighthouse in Australia. The heritage-listed 1836 (first lit in 1838) lighthouse towers 114 meters above dramatic cliff tops, providing eagle-eye views of the breath-taking coastline.
Some of the brilliant things you can experience on a self-drive road trip around Bruny Island include:
- Exploring lush inland rainforests.
- Trekking spectacular coastal walking tracks.
- Relaxing on picturesque and pristine beaches.
- Spotting unique wildlife and the abundant birdlife the island is famous for.
- Sampling cheese, chocolate, oysters, whisky, beer and wine that is lovingly produced by the local community.